LOOKING TO MAINTAIN THE POWER ON YOUR BMW N20/N26/N55?
Install the Active Autowerke BMW F-Chassis N20/N26/N55 intercooler for nearly factory-like fitment and experience the meaning of sustainable BMW power in a compact package. The factory intercooler may be adequate for the stock power, but with raised boost comes more heat to dissipate. To overcome this...a larger intercooler is the answer.
On the dyno we've seen temperature differences up to 42* F compared to the stock intercooler after repeated runs. Our stepped intercooler helps to maintain power over extended periods of time and will also yield a gain of 15-20whp on stock cars, with modified vehicles seeing 25+whp gains.
BMW N55 INTERCOOLER BENEFITS AND DESIGN FOR PERFORMANCE
Designed from inception, this BMW N20/N26/N55 intercooler has the largest swept area that could possibly be fitted within the narrow space confines that the BMW factory allowed and the stepped design takes advantage of more area closer to the front of the factory bumper cover. Simply put, this BMW intercooler will perform and deliver consistent, reliable power run after run without power robbing heat soak.
No permanent modifications or cutting are required for installation. This Active Autowerke BMW N20/N26/N55 intercooler features the industry standard of a bar and plate core design with seamless cast end tanks that retain the OEM quick connect connectors! Proper OEM placement of heavy duty mounting tabs ensure a good fitment.
- Industry standard bar and plate core design for that rugged construction
- Delivers substantially more internal airflow than the factory BMW unit
- Minimized heat soak compared to the factory BMW unit
- Delivers an increase in BMW performance consistently
- Cast end tanks with sturdy mounting bosses
- OEM machined end tank connections accept the original BMW chargepipe connections
- Easy to install to the factory set-up with the benefits of reversibility if needed
- Available in raw aluminum or black
The testing in our graph above is raw data from our dyno that was logging intake temperatures on a bone stock car versus the same car minutes later with our intercooler installed. The temperature gain on the stock car is 55 degrees versus only 22 degrees with our intercooler installed! Notice that at higher RPM the oem intercooler lacks the capability to keep the charge cool as the temperature ramps up exponentially with RPM. So even with a starting IAT higher than that of the stock car, our intercooler managed to keep temperatures cooler and more consistent all the way to redline.
Stock starting temperature: 89*
AA Intercooler starting temperature: 96*
Stock max temperature: 144*
AA Intercooler max temperature: 118*
Stock delta: 55*
AA Intercooler delta: 22*
Active Autowerke BMW F3x Intercooler
- I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.